The following was announced by the City on Dec 15, 2021
For more information on the A2ZERO Ambassadors Program, see the city’s sustainability website at https://www.a2gov.org/departments/sustainability/Sustainability-Me/Families-Individuals/Pages/Get-Involved.aspx or reach out to Sustainability and Innovation Engagement Specialist Galen Hardy at email@example.com.
I posted about applications for the previous A2ZERO Ambassador program here:
The City of Ann Arbor Office of Sustainability and Innovations is accepting applications for its third cohort of A2ZERO ambassadors, which will launch in February 2022. The A2ZERO Ambassadors Program, which is modeled after the seven strategies of the ambitious A2ZERO Carbon Neutrality Plan, lasts approximately 12-weeks and covers:
- Equity and environmental justice.
- Community sustainability, climate change, and climate action.
- Energy efficiency, beneficial electrification, and renewable energy.
- Water efficiency, water quality, stormwater, and our watershed.
- Transportation and choices about moving around the community.
- How to get to a circular economy: waste reduction, composting, recycling, sustainable purchasing, and material reuse.
- Local food: how to grow it, eat it and find it.
- Personal and community resilience and emergency preparedness.
- Tying it all together: A2ZERO and You.
In addition to coursework, ambassadors are tasked with completing a sustainability-related project and committing to volunteer for at least 20 hours to inspire change in the community.
Roughly 30 individuals will be selected to participate in this third ambassador cohort. The deadline to apply for the third cohort is Jan. 18, 2022. Interested applicants can apply at https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=haWvSHVjcEG50enFaLuS8zpAv-KG74pMt_L0pOtzMJBUMVU5U0syTEZJUFZZTE0xTU5DTVFFN0YyTy4u