The following notice dated Nov 5, 2020 will be circulated by the City to property owners/residents in the affected area regarding the final operations of resurfacing project work planned for Amesbury Drive, Braeside Place, and Worthington Place on Friday, Nov 6 through Wednesday, Nov 11, weather-permitting.
Weather permitting; beginning Friday, November 6 through Wednesday, November 11, 2020, between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, will be performing cold milling, pavement and base repair and paving operations as shown below on Amesbury Drive, Braeside Place and Worthington Place as a continuation of work on the local street portion of the citywide 2020 Street Resurfacing Project.
- Cold Milling (partial depth pavement removal): Friday, November 6 All streets
- Pavement & Base Repairs: Tuesday, November 10 Intermittent work on potentially all streets
- Paving: Wednesday November 11 All streets
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of the planned paving work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Jay Wartella (269-209-4588), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- As noted above, weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering & Cadillac Asphalt LLC