The waitlist will open Monday, 7/27, at 1PM, with 8 Rental Units currently available.
On Friday, July 24, 2020, the Washtenaw County Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED), along with the City of Ann Arbor, launched a new affordable housing waitlist website: AnnArborWaitlist.com. The waitlist will open for the first time on July 27th at 1pm, with individuals being able to complete a form that will record basic information about their household to determine income eligibility. The waitlist, which is expected to operate on a first come, first serve basis, does not currently have a close date.
The first property to utilize the waitlist is Beekman on Broadway (aka 1140 Broadway, Lowertown, etc). This property is required to have 15 affordable units at 60% AMI using Fair Market Rents as a condition of their use of Brownfield TIF. Eight (8) of those units will be online this year, and 7 more next year.
Here are some details:
- www.AnnArborWaitlist.com is live as of 3 p.m. on Friday, July 24
- The waitlist will be live Mon., July 27 at 1 p.m.
- There will be 8 below-market units available, five 1-bedroom apartments ($875) and three studio apartments ($855)
- The waitlist uses a google platform, so a Gmail account is needed to sign up, but applicants can indicate a preferred e-mail address for follow-up
- Eligible households can have a maximum income up to 60% Area Median Income OR 1-person households: $42,700 OR 2-person households: $48,800
- Application to the waitlist does not guarantee housing. Selected and income qualified individuals will still have to apply with Beekman on Broadway through their application process.
The Washtenaw County Office of Community and Economic Development (OCED) is a government agency committed to stepping out of traditional government roles to drive long-term system changes that increase equity and opportunity for all residents. OCED helps manage community development in the City of Ann Arbor and is involved in a number of affordable housing initiatives throughout the county. You can learn more by visiting washtenaw.org/oced or by following @washtenawOCED on Facebook and Twitter. Questions about applying for the waitlist can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-544-6748.