On April 14, 2021, the City announced that the closure of City Hall would be extended through summer 2021 or until further notice. Per state order, the city will continue to conduct all nonessential operations remotely. The extended closure also allows more time for the vaccine to penetrate into the community and among city employee groups.
City news post last updated Apr 14, 2021 (text copied below)
Previous closure announcements:
- The City announced on Nov 17, 2020 that City Hall would be closed from Nov 18th through Dec 8th. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-to-close-nov-18th-to-dec-8th
- The City announced on Dec 7, 2020 that the closure would be extended through Dec 20th https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-dec-20th
- The City announced on Dec 18, 2020 that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Jan 15, 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-jan-15th
- The City announced on Jan 15, 2021 that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Jan 15, 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-jan-30th-2021
- The City announced on Jan 27, 2021 that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Feb 21, 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-feb-21st-2021
- The City announced on Feb 12, 2021 that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Mar 31, 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-mar-31st-2021
- The City announced on March 25, 2021, that the closure of City Hall would be extended through the end of April 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-end-of-april-2021
Ann Arbor City Hall Building Closed Nov 18, 2020 through end of April 2021
The public is encouraged to use online city services.
Continuing efforts to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and remain in compliance with the state order, Ann Arbor Larcom City Hall will be closed to the public Wednesday, Nov 18, 2020 through Summer 2021 or until further notice. The extended closure also allows more time for the vaccine to penetrate into the community and among city employee groups. The city will continue to conduct all non-essential operations remotely.
These measures will not impact critical services such as drinking water, waste water, police, fire, emergency operations or waste and recycling pickup schedules. The public is encouraged to access city services via phone, email or online:
- To pay parking tickets, water bills, property taxes, apply for permits as well as other customer service options, residents and visitors are encouraged to take advantage of online services by visiting www.a2gov.org/services.
- Customer Service Center staff are available by calling 734.794.6320 Monday–Friday 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Customer service questions and inquiries can be emailed to the Customer Service Center at email@example.com.
- Issues reported via the report a problem website or the A2 Fix It app will continue to be addressed: https://www.a2gov.org/services/pages/report-a-problem.aspx.
- City building, trade and rental inspections can be scheduled via appointment by calling 734.794.6263 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winter property taxes that are due in December can be paid online (http://www.a2gov.org/departments/finance-admin-services/treasury/Pages/TreasuryDivision.aspx), by mail, via a drop box on Ann Street or at several local banks: Level One Bank, Bank of Ann Arbor and TCF Bank.
- (updated March 17, 2021) City of Ann Arbor Parks – Visit the parks COVID-19 page for details:
- Buhr Park Outdoor Ice Arena is open with safety protocols in place. The arena will close for the season on Sunday, March 21. Veterans Memorial Park Indoor Ice Arena will continue to offer open skating with safety protocols in place until Friday, April 23.
- HHGC clubhouse is open and masks are required indoors. Due to an ongoing construction project at Huron Hills Golf Course (HHGC), golfers can play 11 holes and can call 734.794.6246 to make a tee time. Leslie Park Golf Course has not opened for the 2021 season yet, but opening is tentatively planned for this spring.
- The Ann Arbor Farmers Market remains open for walk in or curbside pick-up shopping.
For the latest COVID-19 health information, please visit www.washtenaw.org/COVID19. In addition, the state offers a free COVID Alert tracking app for mobile phones, which can help to notify users and slow the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-99891_102592—,00.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=alert.
Individual safety reminders include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Physical distance 6 feet apart from those outside your household.
- Wear a face covering over nose and mouth when in enclosed spaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.