On Feb 12, 2021, the City announced that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Mar 31, 2021, in compliance with new State orders.
State order issued Feb 4, 2021
City news post last updated Feb 12, 2021 (text copied below)
Previous closure announcements:
- The City announced on Nov 17, 2020 that City Hall would be closed from Nov 18th through Dec 8th. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-to-close-nov-18th-to-dec-8th
- The City announced on Dec 7, 2020 that the closure would be extended through Dec 20th https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-dec-20th
- The City announced on Dec 18, 2020 that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Jan 15, 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-jan-15th
- The City announced on Jan 15, 2021 that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Jan 15, 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-jan-30th-2021
- The City announced on Jan 27, 2021 that the closure of City Hall would be extended through Feb 21, 2021. https://www.a2elnel.com/post/ann-arbor-city-hall-building-closure-extended-to-feb-21st-2021
Ann Arbor City Hall Building Closed Nov 18, 2020 – Feb 21, 2021
The public is encouraged to use online city services.
Continuing efforts to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus and remain in compliance with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services’ (MDHHS) extended order, Ann Arbor Larcom City Hall will be closed to the public Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2020 through Sunday, Feb 21, 2021. Per the MDHHS order, the city will conduct all non-essential operations remotely.
These measures will not impact critical services such as drinking water, waste water, police, fire, emergency operations or waste and recycling pickup schedules. The public is encouraged to access city services via phone, email or online:
- To pay parking tickets, water bills, property taxes, apply for permits as well as other customer service options, residents and visitors are encouraged to take advantage of online services by visiting www.a2gov.org/services.
- Customer Service Center staff are available by calling 734.794.6320 Monday–Friday 7:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- Customer service questions and inquires can be emailed to the Customer Service Center at email@example.com.
- Issues reported via the report a problem website or the A2 Fix It app will continue to be addressed: https://www.a2gov.org/services/pages/report-a-problem.aspx.
- City building, trade and rental inspections can be scheduled via appointment by calling 734.794.6263 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winter property taxes that are due in December can be paid online (http://www.a2gov.org/departments/finance-admin-services/treasury/Pages/TreasuryDivision.aspx), by mail, via a drop box on Ann Street or at several local banks: Level One Bank, Bank of Ann Arbor and TCF Bank.
City of Ann Arbor Parks:
- Buhr and Veterans ice rinks are closed. The city will continue to evaluate the orders with the goal to reopen both rinks once permitted.
- Leslie Park Golf Course is closed. Huron Hills Golf Course is open until Thursday, Nov. 26, however, the clubhouse is closed.
- The Ann Arbor Farmers Market remains open.
For the latest COVID-19 health information, please visit www.washtenaw.org/COVID19. In addition, the state offers a free COVID Alert tracking app for mobile phones, which can help to notify users and slow the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan: https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus/0,9753,7-406-99891_102592—,00.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=alert.
Individual safety reminders include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Physical distance 6 feet apart from those outside your household.
- Wear a face covering over nose and mouth when in enclosed spaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.