The following construction notice dated June 3, 2021 was distributed by the City to property owners/residents along Baldwin Avenue and Brockman Boulevard regarding scheduled resurfacing work. I have copied the text of the notice below, as well as an image of the original letter.
Beginning Monday, June 7, through Thursday, June 17, 2021, between 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, will be performing cold milling/pavement removal, pavement/base repairs and grading, utility structure adjustments, and paving operations as shown below on both Baldwin Avenue and Brockman Boulevard between Packard Street and E. Stadium Boulevard as part of the first phase on the local street portion of the 2021 Street Resurfacing Project.
- Cold Milling (full depth pavement removal): Mon June 7 & Tues June 8: Successive work on both streets beginning with Baldwin Ave then Brockman Blvd.
- Base Repairs and Grading: Mon June 7 to Wed June 9: Intermittent work on Baldwin Ave and Brockman Blvd.
- Paving (1st/leveling course): Thurs June 10 & Fri June 11: Successive work on both streets beginning with Baldwin Ave then Brockman Blvd.
- Utility Structure Adjustments: Mon June 14 & Tues June 15: Intermittent work on both streets.
- Paving (2nd/top course): Thurs June 17: Brockman Blvd.
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of the planned paving work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Nelson Boatright (734-260-7445), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering
Cadillac Asphalt LLC