The following construction notice dated June 17, 2021 was distributed by the City to property owners/residents along Eastover Place, Ferdon Road, Crestland Drive and Saint Francis Drive regarding scheduled resurfacing work. I have copied the text of the notice below, as well as an image of the original letter.
Weather permitting; beginning Tuesday, June 22, through Thursday, July 1, 2021 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 8:00 PM the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, will be performing cold milling/pavement removal, pavement/base repairs and grading, utility structure adjustments, and paving operations as shown below on Eastover Place, Ferdon Road, and Crestland Drive/Saint Francis Drive as a continuation of the current phase work on the local street portion of the citywide 2021 Street Resurfacing Project.
- Cold Milling (full depth pavement removal): Tues June 22, & Wed June 23 Successive work on all streets beginning with Eastover Pl then Ferdon Rd and lastly Crestland Dr/Saint Francis Dr.
- Base Repairs and Grading: Tues June 22 through Thurs June 24 Intermittent work on potentially all streets.
- Paving (1st/leveling course): Fri June 25 Successive work on all streets beginning with Ferdon Rd then Crestland Dr/Saint Francis Dr.
- Utility Structure Adjustments: Mon June 28 & Tue June 29 Intermittent work on all streets.
- Paving (top course): Thurs July 1 Successive work on all streets beginning with Eastover Pl then Ferdon Rd and lastly Crestland Dr/Saint Francis Dr.
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of the planned paving work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Nelson Boatright (734-260-7445), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates. https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering
Cadillac Asphalt LLC