The following notice dated Oct 28, 2020 will be circulated by the City to property owners/residents in the affected area regarding the final operations of resurfacing project work planned for Granger Avenue (South State Street to Packard Street) on Thursday, Oct. 22 through Wednesday, Oct. 28, weather-permitting.
Some of this work was originally scheduled for Oct 22-28, 2020:
I previously posted about the Granger Road project here, including two public meetings:
Due to weather conditions earlier this week and related scheduling conflicts the final paving operations planned on Granger Avenue have been delayed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Weather permitting; the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, now plans to perform this work on Thursday, October 29 through Sunday, November 1, 2020
- Cold Milling (1st/leveling course pavement corrections) Thursday, October 29 between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- Paving (final/top course) Sunday, November 1 between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Note: If weather or other issues arise that prevent paving this Sunday it will likely be rescheduled for Monday, November 2, weather permitting.
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of the planned paving work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Jay Wartella (269-209-4588), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- As noted above, weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering & Cadillac Asphalt LLC