The following update was emailed on July 8, 2019 by Chris Wall, Project Manager for the City of Ann Arbor. For any questions or concerns with this project (or to be added to his email list of construction updates), he can be contacted at 734-794-6410 ext 43661 or by email at email@example.com
The following work by the contractor is planned for this week:
- Install segments of water main and storm sewer on Hoover Avenue, between Brown Street and Greene Street.
- Water service connection work on Hoover between Greene Street and the railroad tracks. This will also close a segment of the south sidewalk and the contractor will install pedestrian detours to route users to crosswalks at Division and Greene to access the north sidewalk.
- The water main connection at Hoover and Division will be installed.
- Grading road aggregate and installation of asphalt on the north half of Hoover between Division and State Street. Eastbound traffic will then be shifted on to this new asphalt, so work can begin on the south half of Hoover.
Anticipated water main shutdowns are as follows (these may change based on construction progress/weather):
- Thursday, July 11th from 7am to 4pm – a temporary water service shutdown has been scheduled that will impact U of M properties on the south side of Hoover between Greene Street and the railroad tracks.
- Friday, July 12th from 9am to 4pm – a temporary water main shutdown has been scheduled that will impact buildings/properties along portions of Division, Hoover, Sybil, Sauer Court, and Benjamin. Each impacted building receives a door hanger notification before this work is performed.
We do want to reiterate the orange door hanger message recommending that you run the cold water faucets for several minutes to clear the water after each shutdown.
DTE, under their own permit with the City, is continuing to work on gas main improvements within Hoover Avenue between Greene and Division.
There are no major changes to the traffic control for the project this week. A pedestrian detour will be required during the south sidewalk closure for the water service installation between Greene Street and the railroad. The pedestrian detour will route users to crosswalks at the intersections of Division and Greene to access the north sidewalk.
On-street parking is still restricted on portions of E. Davis, Brown, Greene, Division, Mary, and Sybil to facilitate construction and traffic circulation. No Parking signs are posted in those affected road sections.
Mail should continue to be delivered throughout the duration of the project. As well, trash pickup will continue as scheduled. Please let us know if you experience disruptions on either.
Additional information about the Hoover, Greene, & Hill Improvement project is also available at a2gov.org/HooverGreeneHill
I previously posted about this project here: