The temporary traffic control plan on South Industrial Highway which began May 10, 2021 will be altered starting Wednesday, June 9th. Note that during this phase of construction, no right turns onto Stimson from South Industrial will be allowed.
Information about the project is on the City’s website:
From that website:
Phase 1 (complete) Construction on the east (northbound) side of South Industrial
The northbound lane removals and replacements are complete.
Phase 2 (estimated June 7 – July 6, 2021) Construction on the west side of South Industrial
One lane of southbound traffic between Stimson Street and East Eisenhower Parkway will remain open on the newly repaired east (northbound) side of South Industrial. Between Stimson and Stadium, one lane of southbound and one lane of northbound will be open on the east side of S. Industrial. No right turns onto Stimson from South Industrial will be allowed.
Phase 3 (estimated July 6 – 30, 2021) Construction on the center of South Industrial
One lane of southbound traffic between Stimson and Eisenhower Parkway will remain open on the repaired west (southbound) side of S. Industrial. Between Stimson and Stadium, one lane of southbound and one lane of northbound will be open. Right turn movements onto Stimson will resume.
Also please note:
- Northbound bus riders are being shuttled to Briarwood Mall and transferring onto a bus. During Phase 2, southbound bus riders may have to cross in front of the stopped bus in order to board.
- Driveway access to all businesses will be maintained within the project limits for the duration of the planned work
- Given that the proposed work will be extensive and time-consuming, the work will unavoidably disrupt normal traffic and business operations along South Industrial
- Vehicular traffic and bus routes in the vicinity of the project will be impacted as a result of the planned work
- Dust, noise, and inconvenience will be prevalent due to the nature of the planned construction
I posted previously about this project:
Notice of Temporary Traffic Control Plan
South Industrial Highway Concrete Pavement Repair Project
Wednesday, June 9 7AM through Friday, July 23, 2021 7PM
Location and Limits of Affected Area:
South Industrial Highway from East Eisenhower Parkway to East Stadium Boulevard.
Stimson Street at South Industrial Highway.
Description of Work:
The city’s contractor, Doan Construction Company, will continue performing concrete pavement repairs as part of the South Industrial Highway Concrete Pavement Repair Project.
Temporary Construction Traffic Control Plan:
Beginning Wednesday, June 9, southbound South Industrial Highway between East Eisenhower Parkway and Stimson Street will be maintained on the newly repaired east side (northbound side) of South Industrial Highway. Between Stimson and Stadium, one lane of northbound traffic and one lane of southbound traffic will be maintained on the east side (northbound side) of South Industrial. Westbound Stimson Street will be closed from South Industrial Highway.
For the safety of all, please reduce speeds and drive cautiously through the construction area and detour route. The city thanks motorists in advance for patience.
More information can be found at www.a2gov.org/roads