The following notice was circulated to residents in the affected areas on June 17, 2022.
Weather permitting; on Wednesday, June 23 through Friday, June 25, 2022, during the hours shown the City’s contractor, Strawser Construction Inc. (SCI), will be placing a two-course preservation treatment (Cape Seal) on the following streets that either front or are near your business or residence.
Arella Boulevard, Blaney Drive, Delaware Drive, Granada Avenue, Kirtland Drive, Lans Way, Marian Avenue, Waltham Drive
1st Course (06/23/22) and 2nd Course (06/24/22 & 06/25/22) 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. all days
Cape Sealing is a preservation practice comprising of a two-step process that includes the application of a chip seal followed by a single course micro-surfacing treatment. A detailed presentation on the process is available at the following website:
During construction SCI will need to close off portions of these streets to perform this work and diligently complete it so they can be reopened to normal traffic conditions as quickly as possible. Temporary traffic controls will involve intermittent single lane closures in both directions of travel as required to accomplish the work. The contractor will maintain two-way traffic and use flagging operations to control traffic. Access to and from driveways and side streets may be temporarily restricted for short periods of time. Please expect temporary motorist delays. The typical curing time for each treatment course is 2-4 hours. Vehicles should refrain from driving on the treated surface until curing is complete unless otherwise directed by SCI.
Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Solid waste, recycling and compost pick up will occur as normally scheduled. If possible, please keep the street free of receptacles, bags and carts and place them on the lawn extension or driveway approach apron where they can be accessed and emptied. Please turn off all lawn sprinklers.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of this planned work. We suggest, if possible, parking legally on an adjacent street away from the construction during working hours.
- After the streets are open to traffic: 1) Please be aware of loose stones after placement of the first surface course; 2) please drive slowly over the new pavement surface; and 3) please do not spin your tires.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise any of the workers on site or contact the SCI office at (614) 824-8786 or the City’s project manager, David Dykman, at (734) 794-6410 ext. 43685. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- If the scheduled work on your street does not occur due to rain, SCI will likely return the next day it is not raining to complete it. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates. http://www.strawserconstruction.com/pavement-preservation/resident-updates
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this work as we endeavor to keep any inconvenience resulting from it to a minimum.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering & Strawser Construction Inc.