The following notice dated Nov 18, 2020 will be circulated by the City to property owners/residents in the affected area regarding rescheduled resurfacing project work planned for Mershon Drive from Thursday Nov 19th through Monday Nov 23rd.
This paving work was originally scheduled for Nov 20-23
The conditions encountered after the cold milling/pavement removal operation on Mershon Drive are better than anticipated and will allow the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, to accelerate the leveling course paving and utility structure adjustment work planned for this week and take advantage of the positive weather forecast. Please observe the revised schedule of work shown below, which will occur between the 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., weather permitting. The final paving of the top course will remain as planned on Monday, November 23.
- Paving (1st/leveling course): Thursday, November 19
- Utility Structure Adjustments: Friday, November 20
- Paving (top course): Monday, November 23
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of the planned paving work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Jay Wartella (269-209-4588), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering & Cadillac Asphalt LLC