The following notice dated Nov 13, 2020 will be circulated by the City to property owners/residents in the affected area regarding resurfacing project work planned for Mershon Drive and Winsted Court from Monday Nov 16th through Monday Nov 23rd. Note that this work was originally scheduled to begin Nov 11th.
Due to unexpected circumstances and related scheduling conflicts the cold milling, pavement and base repair, and paving operations planned on Mershon Drive and Winsted Court have been delayed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Weather permitting; the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, now plans to perform this work on Tuesday, November 17 through Monday, November 23, 2020, between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., as shown below.
- Utility Structure Adjustments: Mon., Nov. 16 Winsted Court
- Cold Milling (full depth pavement removal): Tue., Nov. 17 & Wed., Nov. 18 Mershon Drive
- Base Repairs and Grading: Wed., Nov. 18 & Thu., Nov. 19 Mershon Drive
- Paving (1st/leveling course): Fri., Nov. 20 Mershon Drive
- Paving (top course): Fri., Nov. 20 Winsted Court
- Utility Structure Adjustments: Sat., Nov. 21 Mershon Drive
- Paving (top course): Mon., Nov. 23 Mershon Drive
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of the planned paving work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Jay Wartella (269-209-4588), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- As noted above, weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering & Cadillac Asphalt LLC