The City will be holding a virtual public meeting on Sept 13, 2022 about the South Seventh Street and Greenview Drive Resurfacing and Water Main Relocation Project that is scheduled for construction in April-November 2023
Public Meeting – Virtual Information Session
Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2022 6:00-7:00 PM
A zoom meeting link will be available the day of the session
Additionally, resident input is being sought in an A2OpenCityHall survey, which is now open.
For more information about this project, visit the City’s website:
From the City’s website:
South Seventh Street and Greenview Drive Resurfacing and Water Main Relocation Project
Tentative Construction Schedule:
April – November 2023
South Seventh Street: Scio Church Road to Lawton Elementary School
Greenview Drive: Scio Church Road to South Seventh Street
Why is this project being done?
The existing water mains are undersized and require an upgrade to increase capacity and hydrant flow. Also, the current condition of the pavement at some of these locations is poor and in need of replacement.
Work to be done:
- The existing water mains will be replaced with larger water mains to increase capacity.
- The existing pavement will be replaced.
- Some existing curb, sidewalk and ramps will be replaced for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
- Some stormwater improvements will be done.
- South Seventh Street is an All Ages and Abilities Route, so some safety improvement features are being considered. These include the elimination of existing on-street parking, new bike lanes, installing new crosswalks with bump-outs at each intersection in the project limits along South Seventh Street.
Possible impact to residents:
- South Seventh Street and Greenview Drive will be closed to through traffic for the duration of the construction. The two streets will be phased for the benefit of the school schedule and minimizing resident intrusion. Driveway access for local traffic will be maintained, but may include delays during working hours. Cross street traffic will be maintained as much as possible.
- Water service will be interrupted for short durations during water main installation. Disruptions will be limited, and residents will be informed in advance.
- General noise and dust from equipment, particularly during site excavation.
- Possible installation of mid-block curb bump outs may eliminate some on-street parking along South Seventh St. It is also possible that some parking could be removed from the first block of Scio Church depending on the design that is selected.
Costs and funding source
City Street, Bridge, and Sidewalk Millage, Federal Funding, Storm Utility Funds, and Drinking Water Funds will fund the work on this project.