Update: On Oct 28, 2020, the City announced this work will be rescheduled to Nov 5-7, 2020:
The original construction notice is copied below:
The following notice dated Oct 26, 2020 will be circulated by the City to property owners/residents in the affected area regarding the final operations of resurfacing project work planned for Saxon Street, Waltham Drive and Windsor Drive on Wednesday, Oct. 28 through Friday, Oct. 30, weather-permitting.
I previously posted about this resurfacing project here:
Weather permitting; beginning Wednesday, October 28, 2020 through Friday, October 30, 2020, between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, will be performing cold milling, pavement and base repairs, and paving operations as shown below on Saxon Street, Waltham Drive and Windsor Drive as a continuation of the work on the local street portion of the citywide 2020 Street Resurfacing Project.
- Cold Milling (partial pavement removal): Wednesday, October 28
- Pavement and Base Repairs: Thursday, October 29
- Paving (top Course): Friday, October 30
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of the planned paving work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Jay Wartella (269-209-4588), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- As noted above, weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.
The City of Ann Arbor/Public Services Area/Engineering & Cadillac Asphalt LLC