Due to both the DTE State Station Subtransmission Duct Bank Project, and the Hoover, Greene and Hill Improvement project, there will be a temporary traffic control plan on
South State Street Between Granger and Stimson –and- Between Arch and Hoover from Friday, Aug 2, 2019 at 9 AM through Thursday, Aug 29, 2019 at 3 PM
Location and Limits of Affected Area:
South State Street between Granger and Stimson, and South State Street between Arch and Hoover
Description of Work:
Corby Energy Services will be closing South State Street between Granger and Stimson to permanently restore the pavement from the previous DTE State Station Subtransmission duct bank work.
In addition, the city’s contractor, E. T. MacKenzie, will be performing utility, road and sidewalk work as part of the Hoover, Greene and Hill Improvement Project. This will involve removing pavement to install water main and storm sewer improvements, then placement of new pavement and related impacted sidewalk.
Temporary Traffic Control Plan:
Beginning 9 AM on Friday, Aug. 2, 2019, the following traffic control plans will be in place:
- From Aug 2 9 AM – Aug 5 9 AM the detour for northbound South State Street between Oakbrook Drive and Stimson Street will change to east along East Eisenhower Parkway, then north along South Industrial Highway, then west on East Stadium Boulevard, then north on Packard Street back to South State Street.
- South State Street will be closed in both directions between Hoover Avenue and Stimson Street. Southbound South State Street will be detoured south on Packard, west on East Stadium Boulevard, south on South Industrial Highway, west on Stimson and back to South State Street. Northbound South State Street will be detoured east on Stimson, north on South Industrial Parkway, east on East Stadium Boulevard, north on Packard, and back to South State Street.
- Beginning Aug 5 9 AM, the previous traffic control for northbound South State Street will be removed and traffic will be open in both directions between Oakbrook Drive to Stimson Street. South State Street will still be closed in both directions between Hoover Avenue and Stimson Street.
- Additionally, Henry Street between South State Street and White Street, and Mary Street between East Hoover Avenue and Benjamin Street will temporarily become two-way traffic for the purposes of maintaining access to residential driveways for the duration of the South State Street closure.
- Only local traffic and driveway access will be permitted on South State Street between Granger and Stimson and between East Hoover and Arch.
Please note that for the LaLiga-Serie A Cup soccer event at University of Michigan Stadium, all of South State Street will be opened in both directions starting on Friday, Aug 9 5 PM, and will close again Monday, Aug 12 9 AM with the above mentioned restrictions.
It is anticipated that South State Street will be opened between East Hoover and Arch on Wednesday, Aug. 14 at 7 PM. The closure between Granger and Stimson will remain closed until 3 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 29.
To maintain the safety of all, please reduce speeds and drive cautiously through the detour route. We thank you in advance for your patience.
More information can be found at www.a2gov.org/roads
- For the DTE State Station Subtransmission Duct Bank Project: Amy Ponsock, City of Ann Arbor, Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org, 734-794-6410 ext. 43622
- For the Hoover, Green and Hill Improvement Project: Chris Wall, Project Manager, 734-794-6410 ext. 43661 | email@example.com
- For the DTE State Station Subtransmission Duct Bank Project: Jeff Corby, Corby Energy Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, 313-350-3469; Molly Luempert-Coy, email@example.com, 313-820-3881
- For the Hoover, Greene and Hill Improvement Project: Felipe Uribe, Construction Engineer, 734-947-9700 ext. 10232 | firstname.lastname@example.org