The city issued an updated construction notice on Oct 9, 2020, which supersedes the construction notice issued Oct 1, 2020 that I posted here:
Changes were made to the work schedule starting Oct 10th.
Attached is a revised construction notice that will be circulated to Avondale Avenue, Coronada Street, Hanover Court, Hanover Road, Las Vegas Drive, Sue Parkway, Waverly Road and Westfield Avenue property owners/residents regarding the final stages of resurfacing work on these local streets that is currently underway.
Weather permitting; beginning Tuesday, October 6 through Friday, October 16 between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. the City’s contractor, Cadillac Asphalt, will be performing cold milling/pavement removal, pavement/base repairs and grading, utility structure adjustments, and paving operations as shown below on Avondale Avenue, Coronada Street, Hanover Court, Hanover Road, Las Vegas Drive, Sue Parkway, Waverly Road and Westfield Avenue as a continuation of the work on the local street portion of the citywide 2020 Street Resurfacing Project.
- Tuesday, Oct 6th Cold Milling: Coronada Street, Hanover Court, Las Vegas Drive and Sue Parkway
- Wednesday, Oct 7th Cold Milling: Avondale Avenue, Hanover Road, Waverly Road and Westfield Avenue
- Thursday, Oct 8th – Friday, Oct. 9th Pavement Repairs, Base Repairs and Grading: Intermittent work on potentially all streets
- Saturday, Oct 10th Paving: Hanover Court and Las Vegas Drive
- Monday, Oct 12th Utility Structure Adjustments: Hanover Court and Las Vegas Drive
- Tuesday, Oct. 13th Paving: Coronada Street, Hanover Court, Hanover Road, Sue Parkway and Waverly Road
- Friday, Oct. 16th Paving: Avondale Avenue, Las Vegas Drive and Westfield Avenue
The contractor’s goal is to perform its construction operations with the least amount of inconvenience to residents. On these days, vehicular access to and from residences will be limited as intermittent closures and related delays will be present to accomplish these activities. Based on experience, the success of this work depends upon your assistance. Please kindly observe the following:
- Turn off all lawn sprinklers and keep the street free of all trash and recycle receptacles and/or bags, and compost carts.
- If you require use of your vehicle(s) during the times of planned work, it is highly recommended you park legally on an adjacent street during working hours.
- If you have a special circumstance that may interfere with this work, please advise the contractor’s site supervisor, Jay Wartella (269-209-4588), either of the City’s project inspectors, Gary Shivley (734-765-8154) or Carl Emmons (517-605-9342), or the City’s project manager, David Dykman (734-794-6410 ext. 43685). We will do our best to accommodate you.
- Weather and related scheduling conflicts may delay this work. Please visit the following website to obtain schedule updates: https://www.a2gov.org/departments/engineering/Pages/Construction-Projects.aspx
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this improvement project.